Thursday, October 23, 2014

October Stitch Fix- Bathroom Selfie Edition

October Stitch Fix- Bathroom Selfie Edition

Something I am not sure if I have mentioned before about Stitch Fix- not only do you fill out an extensive style profile, link a pinterest page, and provide feedback with each box you receive, but you can send a note to your stylist before your box ships every month. This helps the stylist to pick out items you'll most likely want to keep. In the past I've asked for specific requests like "layering pieces", or "dresses to wear to an upcoming wedding", or jeans and "something edgy." 

This was the only month I did not have specific directions regarding what I was looking for....and I regret it. I figured I'd just roll the dice and see what happens. Well this is what happened....

Braeden Lattice Detail Blouse- $54 (Sent back)

This was a really pretty color and I love the detail. But....it looks like any other top I would have bought elsewhere, and it was way too short on my torso. I am seriously tired of having to wear tank tops under everything!


Priya Triangle Printed Knit-Back Tank- $54 (Sent back)

So this was actually a very pretty mustard yellow and navy blue in person (doesn't translate well in pics), but again, too short and boxy on my torso. 



Market and Spruce Clove Twist-back Cardigan- $64 (Sent back)

This was a pretty color, but again, similar to 75% of my pre-stitch fix color palate. I am trying to branch out and add *different* things to my wardrobe....although I desperately need another long sleeve cardigan.


The back had an interesting detail...I just wasn't sure about it. 


Next up...RD Style Seth Slub Knit V-neck Sweater- $68 (Sent back)

I really hated this one. There wasn't even a second I considered keeping this. It had that shiny look that reminded me of the cheapy clothes at Rainbow I bought when I was 16. It was an ugly red-brown-purple and black color and boxy and shapless. No, no, definitely no.


Then finally a keeper....Kut from the Kloth Kate Distressed Boyfriend jean $78.

 I had been wanting a lighter colored distressed style jean (since literally all I have are very dark jeans). I had never tried the boyfriend style before- they are a little baggy and you can wear them like skinny jeans or with cuffs up and cute flats or sneakers.


So...I learned my lesson- I need to be a little more specific in what I'm looking for next time. But
after an exhausting  trip to the outlet mall over Columbus day weekend, both kids in tow, and leaving-defeated-with not a single item for myself, I reconfirmed my love for Stitch Fix. Sometimes you might get more misses than hits, but it's still worth it to have someone else shop for me! 

If you'd like to give Stitch Fix a try I'd appreciate if you use my referral link here. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment